Third Grade Weather Unit
Science “Weather Wise” is our first unit in science. There are 6 topics we will cover: Seasons, Water Cycle, Clouds, Air and Wind, Temperature, and Extreme Weather Safety.
- I can explain how the sun and the tilt of the Earth’s axis produce the seasons.
- I can explain the Water Cycle process.
- I can identify 4 major types of clouds and what type of weather they indicate.
- I can identify the tools used to measure wind, air pressure, and temperature. I can explain their effects on weather.
- I can identify Extreme Weather and ways to stay safe during each.