Welcome to Room 112!
Welcome to the 2023- 2024 school year! I am excited to be working with you and your first grader this year! This is my 33rd year of teaching and my 30th year teaching first grade at Hawthorne Elementary. My favorite part about teaching first grade is the incredible amount of growth I see within each child from the beginning of the year to the end. Here's to a wonderful year of growing!
If you would like to explore D205's first-grade curriculum a little more, click on this link... https://sites.google.com/elmhurst205.org/205curriculumforparents/home
Click here to sign up to be a Mystery Reader sometime this school year. Please remember to keep your date a secret from your child. It is so much fun to see the looks on the kids' faces when they first see you!
* write me a note if your child's after-school routine changes on any given day
* write me a note if your child is going to come home for lunch on a given day
* take mail out of red folder to read/look over with your child each day
* remind your child to return his/her library books every Friday
* help your child prepare and bring a joke to school each Thursday
* help your child find and bring 1 item to school each Friday for Show & Tell
* make time for your child read each night (20 - 30 minutes or more)
* practice tying shoes with your child so he/she is ready for the shoe tying challenge later this year
* label all your child's personal items (coats, boots, lunchbox, snow pants,) with his/her name