Hawthorne PTA Calendar
|9:15 AM||Late Start - Student Arrival @ 9:15am|
|11:05 AM||Chess Club|
|6:00 PM||Science Olympiad|
Wednesday, March 12th 6:15-8:00pm
This years events:
2nd-3rd Grade Experiments
- Animal Trackers - Directed by an expert from the Lakeview Nature Center, the children will learn about Illinois wildlife and test their knowledge of animal tracks, skulls, bones, diets and habitats.
- The Skin You're In - Medical experts will led children through experiments exploring wounds and blisters.
- Float That Boat! - Students will do a variety of experiments with clay and foil boats.
4th-5th Grade Experiments
- Operation Egg Drop - Using only the materials provided, teams will design and construct a package to protect their egg from breaking when dropped from the stage in the gym.
- Mystery Boxes - Teams of students will be asked to identfy the contents of various boxes using all their senses other than sight.
- Pentathlon - Students will answer science questions and perform physical tasks on an obstacle course in the shortest time possible.
Registration is now closed.
Crossing Guard, John McNulty (York and Arthur), passed away last week. If you would like to send a condolence card, the family's address is 225 E. Wilson, Elmhurst, IL
Fannie May Candy Sales
Elmhurst PTA Council is selling Fannie May candy again this year to raise funds for PTA Scholarships fo graduating York High School students. All proceeds from the sale will go to these scholarships. The brochure offers a variety of candy and nuts. Access the order form in the locker section on the left.
To order, please complete the order form and enclose a check made payable to ELMHURST PTA COUNCIL. DO NOT INCLUDE SALES TAX. Submit orders by Wednesday, March 17 2014 to your school office. Your candy will be delivered directly to your door the week of April 7th.
Thank you for your support!
The PTA Scholarship Committee Co-Chairs
The Cast of A Christmas Carol
Hawthorne PTA MIssion
The mission of the Hawthorne PTA is to volunteer in the interest of the children, to encourage understanding and cooperation between parents and teachers, and to promote programs that benefit the success of children’s learning. The Hawthorne PTA supports education through active participation and advocacy.
Do you have any feedback on any of the Hawthorne PTA programs? Complete the Feeback form located in our PTA locker above or send us an email at HawthornePTA205@gmail.com.